Showing the single result
Thermal bimetallic materials are materials that consist of two or more layers of different alloys, firmly welded over the entire contact area, forming one whole. At the same time, all alloys that contain thermobimetal must differ in the indicator of the temperature coefficient of linear expansion. A component with a high TLEC is called active, and a component with a low TLEC has received the status of passive.
Perhaps the presence of an intermediate layer, made of nickel or copper, which has significant electrical conductivity, as well as a corrosion-resistant coating of stainless steel.
Methods and areas of application of materials are determined by their deformation manifestations, when temperature indicators change.
Due to different TCLE, as the temperature rises, the internal stresses in the layers are unevenly distributed, and the thermal bimetals bend. In this case, an alloy with a high coefficient, under the action of tensile stress, is placed from the convex part, and an alloy with a lower index, subjected to tensile stress, falls on the concave part. When the temperature level drops, the reverse process occurs.
It should be noted that thermosensitive bimetals, in addition to reacting to temperature fluctuations, are able to record other changes associated with this process, including actions, state, and parameters. This allows them to be used in measuring, protective, regulating or compensating devices.
For thermal bimetals, the price is formed taking into account indicators that determine the various characteristics and capabilities of materials.
Their classification is carried out according to several main features, which include:
– method of thermal influence. It can be convention, radiation, heat exchange with the environment, electric current. In the latter case, it is worth considering that the material has a certain resistance;
– operating functions of the device in which the metal is used. The physical and mechanical properties of the component may depend on this;
– constructive form of their metal product. It can be flat, U-shaped, in the form of a spiral, a plate, a disk, and also have a more complex shape.
You can buy thermobimetals with different properties, the most important of which are:
– thermal sensitivity, which characterizes the level of deformation at a certain temperature;
– electrical resistance;
– temperature interval of service, determined by the period of maximum thermal activity.
It is possible to change the resistance and thermal sensitivity by combining alloys in layers, changing their thicknesses, introducing an intermediate layer.
Areas of use
Thermally sensitive bimetals are used in the production of temperature sensors, thermal relays, circuit breakers, switching equipment, thermal compensation systems, and control devices.
Where can I buy
There is always an opportunity to buy thermobimetal
in the company A-Synthesis, which offers products from leading manufacturers. Possible
deliveries in any required volumes.
For more information, please contact us or leave your contact details and we will call you back.