Haynes 188 / Alloy 188 / 2.4983
Haynes 188 heat resistant alloy is a nickel chromium alloy, with a cobalt base. It is distinguished by high resistance to oxidation, at operating temperatures up to 1100 degrees.
Alloying ensures the versatility of the alloy:
– Chromium increases hardness and resistance to corrosion.
– Nickel makes the material plastic.
– Tungsten provides strength and red resistance.
– Vanadium and manganese provide impact and abrasion resistance.
– Cobalt provides thermal stability and magnetic permeability.
In addition, Haynes 188 heat-resistant steels contain titanium and copper to resist corrosion, niobium to promote acid resistance, and aluminum to prevent dross.
The alloy also exhibits significant resistance to sulfiding.
High quality steels may also contain zirconium and boron.
Today, heat-resistant steel can be bought in the form of a circle, rnoy or seamless pipe, wire, plate, sheet, forging, fitting and flange. Rolled metal is successfully used in the production of elements of gas turbines, gas pipeline systems, flame traps in combustion chambers.
Chemical composition of Alloy 188
Alloy 188 mechanical properties
Yield strength (0.2% deviation)
Relative elongation, min.